Re: [tlug] presentation wish list

Hi Kalin,

On 2014年10月14日 16:44, Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote:
> Sorry I missed that...

No problem!

You were mentioned multiple times during our discussion.  We enjoyed your
command-line presentation and hope that you present again! :)

> Can I add something like performance monitoring/tuning/debugging for
> linux (not specific apps/servers just general memory/cpu/IPC/IO with
> dstat, strace, lsof, etc.).

Yes, that sounds like a topic that many people would be interested in!  It
was related to Keith's "System: systems administration practices
(monitoring, etc.)" suggestion.

>> Software
>>   Beginning Blender
>>   digital photography tools
> would like to hear one of those!

I have a friend who uses Blender, and I have suggested numerous times that
he present at TLUG.  I will let him know that there is interest!

> I can try to summarize nftables and compare to iptables (may be pf,
> but never used them) for December meeting.
> Another thing I'll likely explore in more details is bcache, so I can
> make a short talk on that.

I am definitely interested in those topics!

In the past, we have timed our meetings so that the last technical meeting
is in November, so that we can have a 忘年会/飲み会 in December.  We got
out of sync this year, and I am not sure what we will do.  I will start a
thread in tlug-admin.

Cheers,

Travis