Re: [tlug] Ubuntu 14.04 Setup, Keyboard Toggling for Jp-En, Etc

On 29 August 2014 00:51, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:

> But again - why is this so persistently screwed up year-after-year-after-year?

Especially since it used to work out-of-the-box. For Ubuntu 9 and 10
all I had to do was go to System/Administration/Language Support,
tick the box next to Japanese and set the IME to IBUS. From then on
Ctrl-Space toggled. it.

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Japanese Studies Centre, Monash University