Re: [tlug] Ubuntu 14.04 Setup, Keyboard Toggling for Jp-En, Etc

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 02:23:40PM +0900, rost52 wrote:

> I tried to install IBUS-MOZC on Antergos (Arch Linux based) but starting up IBUS changed my keyboard
> from Japanese to English. Do not know any way to change back to Japanese keyboard.

Maybe you are hitting
https://code.google.com/p/mozc/issues/detail?id=201 .
According to this, the 'direct input' is enabled by default
and not 'hiragana' as one would expect.
Once you select mozc, do you see a box with 'A'?

I am hit by this on Fedora, seems like no nice way
around it for the moment, so I am trying out kkc.

cheers,
Chris