Re: [tlug] Smart phone vs Tablet

Christian Horn writes:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 12:46:03AM +0800, Raymond Wan wrote:
>>
>> I guess the sales rep just wants to sell you a new smartphone?
>> [smartphone, tablet, ebook]
>
> For phone functionality I need a phone anyway.  Because the
> mobile is the smallest to also handle gps and google maps,
> I use a smartphone.

Some considerable work towards improving battery life has been
done for the upcoming Android L release, so you might want to
consider the latest Nexus phone running Android L (to be
released "this fall").

If you need to take/make a lot of calls, a galakei might
make sense, but as others have mentioned, one device that can
do most thins is generally better than two.

If you decide to stick with a smartphone, you might actually
want to consider something like the Galaxy Note 3 which
despite its size is a *phone* and has quite a large battery.

BTW, you can move apps to the "SD card" (external storage)
on Android. The thing is in some devices the physical SD card
is considered "secondary external storage" and you don't
have direct access to it, it can only store media.

(Personally I think it's high time for SD cards on
phones/tablets to die. They are essentially floppies and
serve no purpose at this point.)