Re: [tlug] Smart phone vs Tablet

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 12:46:03AM +0800, Raymond Wan wrote:

> I guess the sales rep just wants to sell you a new smartphone?
> [smartphone, tablet, ebook]

For phone functionality I need a phone anyway.  Because the
mobile is the smallest to also handle gps and google maps,
I use a smartphone.

I like gadgets, but I hate buying something and ending up not
using it.  For the nexus 7 though, I did not regret the
purchase: I read books with graphics, which are only
appropriately displayed as pdf.  They would also be bulky to
carry around, so the tablet is just the right tool.

I was also for quite some time thinking wether then ontop an
ebook reader makes sense.. but for me it does.  The contrast
of the paperwhite makes things more readable than on the
tablet, looking up Kanji is more easy than on the tablet thanks
to https://github.com/jrfonseca/jmdict-kindle (EDICT based),
and the battery lasts longer than the one of the tablet.

So at least for me, all 3 of these make sense.

cheers,
Chris