Re: [tlug] Fixing Sound AGAIN

On 08/16/2014 04:00 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
Well, since IIUC it does work with straight-up ALSA, I would find out
which ALSA driver handles it and tell pulseaudio to use it to connect
to that device.
Ooooh, ooooh, ooooh, I saw how to manually set ALSA somewhere and made a note on one of the scraps of paper on the left side of my monitor. It was only a few days ago, so it shouldn't be too far down in the pile.

Sorry to be so short and of no help on either of those tasks, but I do
all my audio on Apple devices, and am busy with GSoC and then grad
entrance exams.  I was thinking about playing (at long last) with the
Raspberry Pi I got at PyCon, but it'll be at least a week before I
have free time for that.  I sure hope you don't have to wait that long
for some joy!
When you get there, I'll be able to tell you what you need to do. StartPage (uses Google via a proxy so you search without tracking -- much better than Duck Duck Go -- highly recommended if you haven't found it yet) is very good at finding arcane Raspberry Pi sites.

--
CL