Re: [tlug] Fixing Sound AGAIN

CL writes:

 > Yes, but where?  The device that I'm not able to use has a C-Media
 > Electronics CM108 Audio Controller 0d8c:013c.  Google that and you get
 > carefully worded instructions on configuring sound output on your
 > Raspberry Pi, which, apparently, has one soldered on the main
 > motherboard.  When not there, the chip seems to be mostly used for USB
 > 5.1 and 7.1 audio soundcards.  And, everything I find there, says to use
 > ALSA at which point the Ourobourous known as Skype bites its tail.

Well, since IIUC it does work with straight-up ALSA, I would find out
which ALSA driver handles it and tell pulseaudio to use it to connect
to that device.

Sorry to be so short and of no help on either of those tasks, but I do
all my audio on Apple devices, and am busy with GSoC and then grad
entrance exams.  I was thinking about playing (at long last) with the
Raspberry Pi I got at PyCon, but it'll be at least a week before I
have free time for that.  I sure hope you don't have to wait that long
for some joy!