Re: [tlug] Fixing Sound AGAIN

On 15 August 2014 10:24, David J Iannucci <jlinux@example.com> wrote:
>> They've forced everyone who uses Skype on Linux to upgrade to v.4.3 --
>> and requires the use of pulse-audio, thus doesn't work any more.
>
> I too am furious about this, but let's face it.... it was only a matter
> of time before they screwed us.

When I got the "update or else message" I:

- groaned, gnashed teeth, had the usual Microsoft moment, etc.
- took a deep breath
- installed 4.3

It works. Despite it being Ubuntu 10.04 running on a 5yo Compaq.

Dunno when pulse-audio arrived - possibly when I upgraded to
10.04 from 9.10. It's dated March 2010.

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Japanese Studies Centre, Monash University