Re: [tlug] Fixing Sound AGAIN

On 08/15/2014 10:03 AM, Jim Breen wrote:
When I got the "update or else message"

I: - groaned, gnashed teeth, had the usual Microsoft moment, etc. - took a deep breath - installed 4.3 It works. Despite it being Ubuntu 10.04 running on a 5yo Compaq. Dunno when pulse-audio arrived - possibly when I upgraded to 10.04 from 9.10. It's dated March 2010. Jim
I didn't believe the message at first and, when the "upgrade" (sic) to 4.3 didn't work, I went back to 4.2 and logged in. As soon as a call came in, Skype shut down on the desktop.

The iBuffalo headset -- which appears as "CM108 Audio Controller Digital Stereo (IEC958)" in pavucontrol is shown as sending signals to pulse audio., but nothing is heard through the headset speakers. I've StartPage'd for a driver but am not getting any hits. Everything comes through the speakers and, I suppose that I can turn on the mic in the camera if I have to but my office corner is in a breezy part of the house, for obvious reasons in this weather, we have cats, and some of my clients and sources do not want their voices being broadcast from my windows.

Maybe a driver locate is the next step?

--
CL