Re: [tlug] Poll: OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 10:32 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull
<stephen@example.com> wrote:
> Raymond Wan writes:
>  > On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 9:28 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
>
>  > Perhaps it's time to reconsider git?  I
>  > actually backed off from it because it kept a copy of the entire respository.

Is it the case? If yes, this would be a stopper for git solution in
another thread (finding duplicates in some
directory trees).

>  > An advantage of git, but something I'd rather it did not
>  > do since I do a periodic backup of changed files across my entire home
>  > directory.  Perhaps there was something I could do to change my
>  > workflow, but it's "working" [for me]  so far...
>
> Yeah, what I'd recommend is to put your whole home directory in git
> (or some other VC, if you like svn better, say[1]), and let git worry
> about backup strategy.  (git itself won't schedule automatic backups
> and the like, but you can use cron or .logout for that.)

I surely would not do that, and stick with rsync.

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.