Re: [tlug] Poll: OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

Raymond Wan writes:
 > On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 9:28 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

 > Oh...no, I did not know that.  Perhaps it's time to reconsider git?  I
 > actually backed off from it because it kept a copy of the entire
 > respository.  An advantage of git, but something I'd rather it did not
 > do since I do a periodic backup of changed files across my entire home
 > directory.  Perhaps there was something I could do to change my
 > workflow, but it's "working" [for me]  so far...

Yeah, what I'd recommend is to put your whole home directory in git
(or some other VC, if you like svn better, say[1]), and let git worry
about backup strategy.  (git itself won't schedule automatic backups
and the like, but you can use cron or .logout for that.)

Footnotes:
[1]  But git is accumulating new features faster than any other VCS at
this point.