Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 05:49:31AM +0900, furkan@example.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > It is time to go back to using a terminal email client?!?!
>

> When I think about the mutt's main problem, blocking io; Actually, I can
> just set it up like MailPile, have a separate program to fetch all mails
> into mailbox folders, and keep it running as a daemon. Have an local
> SMTP server (eg. postfix) to handle dispatches, retries, etc. And point
> Mutt to local folders and local SMTP. That would make Mutt completely
> useful, will remove all freezing. ( I've just found myself a solution
> while trying to provide one to you :D )

I have a page about mutt, that while dated, still gets me a few thank you
emails.

It talks about using getmail to fetch the mail and msmtp to send it.  (You
can use postfix of course, but msmtp is more of a home (or even business
user), sending the mail out of your machine to your ISP's or company's smtp
server.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~computertaijutsu/mutt.html

--
Scott Robbins