Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
- Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 22:37:12 -0400
- From: Scott Robbins <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
- References: <53591B63.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.20 (2009-12-10)
On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 05:49:31AM +0900, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote: > Hello, > > > It is time to go back to using a terminal email client?!?! > > > When I think about the mutt's main problem, blocking io; Actually, I can > just set it up like MailPile, have a separate program to fetch all mails > into mailbox folders, and keep it running as a daemon. Have an local > SMTP server (eg. postfix) to handle dispatches, retries, etc. And point > Mutt to local folders and local SMTP. That would make Mutt completely > useful, will remove all freezing. ( I've just found myself a solution > while trying to provide one to you :D ) I have a page about mutt, that while dated, still gets me a few thank you emails. It talks about using getmail to fetch the mail and msmtp to send it. (You can use postfix of course, but msmtp is more of a home (or even business user), sending the mail out of your machine to your ISP's or company's smtp server. http://home.roadrunner.com/~computertaijutsu/mutt.html -- Scott Robbins PGP keyID EB3467D6 ( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 ) gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links