Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
- Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 16:45:53 +0900
- From: Travis Cardwell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
- References: <53591B63.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAKXLc7fOPB=MB3qkLJBowfEhb2syN_Zc05n1TJjfwwYsw=Vmuw@mail.gmail.com> <20140425065242.GA8686@fluxcoil.net>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686 on x86_64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/24.4.0
Hi Chris, Thanks for the mutt suggestions! While my biggest Thunderbird pain points have been ameliorated, I still plan on trying out mutt when I get a chance. On 2014年04月25日 15:52, Christian Horn wrote: > The calendar stuff is provided by active sync, which is making me > wonder why no more open standards are used for this nowadays like > ical files on webdav or such. CalDAV (iCalendar on WebDAV) seems to be supported by many clients and servers . I wonder if there is a market for a calendar web application that is not tightly coupled with other "enterprise software" or "groupware?" > I myself keep appointments in a textfile. One line per > appointment, date and time at beginning of the line. Stored as > file on the server to be read/modified from everywhere. I do the same thing for appointments that do not need to be shared (work details that my wife has no interest in), but I am still using the GMail calendar for appointments that I have to share with my wife. > An addition to mutt: I use also the sidebar patch. This creates > a view of several imap folders on the left side, with number of > read/unread mails inside and allows to quickly change the folder. Thanks for the tip; I have added it to my list! Cheers, Travis ----  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CalDAV
- Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
- From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links