Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
- Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 14:29:27 +0900
- From: Travis Cardwell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
- References: <53591B63.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <5359C161.email@example.com> <CABHGxq41_VQZ1Yg_r_vueS+x89K1QPQMC2fCB3uC+txjpwULfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20131103 Icedove/17.0.10
On 2014年04月25日 12:19, Jim Breen wrote:I moved to Gmail about 7 years ago. I wouldn't do it now for various reasons, e.g. dislike of "Do-no-evil-apart-from-not-paying- tax-in-countries-where-we-make-sales", and would probably look for an independent IMAP-based provider where I could use a "email@example.com" style of address. (Before Gmail I use mush.)Migrating off of GMail can be difficult, but if you ever decide to do so, a recommended IMAP-based provider is FastMail:https://www.fastmail.fm/Speaking of the style of address, another source of frustration when I started to use GMail was having to follow Google's style: a first name, an optional "." character, and a last name. Until then, I had used "tcard@" addresses for years, as "tcard" is my username. I experimented with aliases, but I ended up breaking down and using the Google style in order to make things work well.I use vim all the time, of course, apart from email. 8-)}Until recently, it was easy to use gvim with the GMail web interface via the It's All Text! add-on in Firefox . That stopped working, however, when the developers tried to be clever and implement a custom editor within the DOM.I mention it because the It's All Text add-on is still a great way to edit text in textareas with the editor of your choice; it still works great with other webmail applications.Cheers, Travis ----  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/its-all-text/
- Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
- From: Jens Oliver John
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links