Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
- Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 14:04:08 +0900
- From: Darren Cook <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
- References: <53591B63.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <5359D1D6.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/24.4.0
> It is indeed the opposite; interesting... I wonder if it is due to > different settings or different versions? > > (I am running version 17.0.10.) Just checked, I'm using Thunderbird 24, but I was on 17 or 18 until a few days ago. Looking in about:config, then filtering on html, I noticed I have: mail.default_html_action = 0 But then: mail.html_compose = true mail.identity.default.compose_html = true But then: mail.identity.id2.compose_html = false (ditto for the other identities) And then filtering on "text" I have: mailnews.display.prefer_plaintext = true I also notice plain_text.wrap_long_lines = false (which is the default). > In Thunderbird, however, there is a special "quote" state, indicated > by text color. ... Just do Alt-E, W (Edit|Rewrap) to get pasted quotes to change from black to blue. (I see ctrl-R will also do it.) (I just tested on this email: I copied the contents to a text editor, cancelled the reply in thunderbird, went back and replied to you again, delete everything, paste in from the text editor - at this point everything is black - then did "Rewrap", and the quoted parts turn blue.) Darren -- Darren Cook, Software Researcher/Developer My new book: Data Push Apps with HTML5 SSE Published by O'Reilly: (ask me for a discount code!) http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920030928.do Also on Amazon and at all good booksellers!
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] [OT] email client tips?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links