Re: [tlug] Recurrent Firefox issues with gmail

On 02/18/2014 11:26 PM, Bruno Raoult wrote:
On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 2:56 PM, <fgs@example.com> wrote:

Different Google servers use different certificates. This erratic
behavior is normal for outdated cached certificates.

I don't have any outdated certificates (a proof being that "sometimes"
I have no issue).

Yes, but the issue you're describing sounds suspiciously like one, or more, cached data issues.  I'd suggest saving all of your files / mails locally, if you fear losing anything, and then following the cache cleaning / resetting instructions in Mozilla's help files.  It is a solution that has worked for me several times.  There are several issues that Mozilla has done unto its users which cache cleaning and resetting fixes.  Just get over the fact that it is necessary and it isn't your fault.

I have several gmail accounts; my TLUG and one other which run in TBird and three others which I run in FF.  The difference between them is that the TBird accounts is better for archiving threads I want to keep.  I also have an easier time using TBird to bring my archives down to my local disk when necessary / desirable.  The accounts which receive mail that I read and throw away run on FF.  Multiple desktops keep them separate.

--
CL