Re: [tlug] Recurrent Firefox issues with gmail

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 2:28 PM, <fgs@example.com> wrote:
On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 12:43:18 +0100
Bruno Raoult <braoult@example.com> wrote:

> I have often issues with gmail for some time. Issues go from "cookies
> setup" (therefore I just cannot lo-in without removing all Google
> cookies) to the impossibility to attach files (failure during upload).
> I use FF version 27, stock Ubuntu.
> Chromium works fine.

Fellow TLUGer,

Please experiment re-starting your browser with all "add-ons" disable.
This is menu "tools" then "add-ons".

This did not help. I also tried to disable the option "spdy" in about:config, with same result.
It is to be noted that the cookies issue is not easily reproductible (it happens a few times
every month), so that I cannot tell it for sure.
However the attachment issue is easy to test.

Experimenting a little, it appears that I can attach small files. But this is also not very stable.
For instance I have an error with a 500 Kb file, and can attach a 250 Kb one. I don't believe
this could be a size issue, as trying again the 250 Kb files can give an error too. Very small files
(a few Kb) never fail, however (which contradicts with what I wrote on previous line, but I don't change my
mind for that).
I thought it could be a timeout problem somewhere, but I can copy huge files beside Firefox, performing
a full backup off-site. The internet connection seems quite stable too (one router reboot every 2 or 3 months maybe).
I think this is a gmail/firefox specific issue, for some reason.

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.