Re: [tlug] Recurrent Firefox issues with gmail

On Tue, 18 Feb 2014 14:33:03 +0100
Bruno Raoult <braoult@example.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 12:31 PM, <fgs@example.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 12:06:17 PM Bruno Raoult wrote:
> > > Interesting is that I have access to my account on Google. Only
> > > gmail
> > has a
> > > problem... I just did reboot my computer,
> >
> > Dear Bruno, then the issue might just be on the certificate
> > establishing the
> > secure connection to Google's servers.
> >
> > Erasing everything on the privacy tab of "FF" won't delete its
> > cached, local
> > certificates. Don't have a "FF" instance right in front of me now
> > to point you
> > precisely where. Please go on and delete those as well.
> >

> As I don't wish to erase all information in FF, this does not seem a
> correct answer.
> I could of course believe it, would I be the sole having this problem,
> which is not the case.
>
> Asking me to delete everything is not really something very useful, it
> looks like a "reboot"
> advise rather than a technical solution.
>
> Don't forget that I have access to Google "secure" servers (beside
> gmail), with my own login.
>
> I have another idea (maybe useless too): My gmail account is linked
> to a second one, which I can open without password.
> Maybe the "cookies" issue could come from there (therefore a bug on
> FF or gmail side)?

Please read carefully my previous message as I'm not asking you to
delete everything. Those are suggestions I would try myself if facing a
similar issue.

Different Google servers use different certificates. This erratic
behavior is normal for outdated cached certificates.

And I do thing this is something particular to your installation.

That's just free advice. I have 5 min. to kill today. But not tomorrow.

Fernando.