Re: [tlug] Ibus and Ubuntu based

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 11:12:10AM -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 11:06:28PM +0900, Bruno Raoult wrote:

> > > just

To answer this one, it seems that as long as I select as input method (for
example, in the add/remove language dialog, there's an option for it), ibus
will start at login.  I think you were right about logging off and logging
on, in a few more test installs, I'm getting different results.

This time, it seems to work as normal. I'm not sure if I missed anything,
or if I just ran into a few one time things.

This time, I installed Lubuntu 13.10 64 bit on a VM, added Japanese
support.  The only difference was that I started with ibus-anthy (which is
installed when I add Japanese) and everything just worked.  Wondering if it
was a mozc issue, I then ran ibus-setup again, removed anthy and put in
mozc and again, everything just worked, including libreoffice.  So, it
seems that I might have overlooked something on the problematic ones, but
I'm not sure what.  Anyway, seems that it's working properly on Lubuntu
now. This time, there was no need to install xubuntu-desktop, everything
worked out of the box.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6