Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 12:31 AM, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:
> So, I do what I do in less user friendly environments, try manually setting
> XMODIFIERS.
>
> XMODIFERS=@im=ibus konsole

This is the magic line for me it seems.  Now I enter Japanese text via:

1) Manually start iBus after starting the computer.
2) [Alt]+[F2]
3) [Ctrl]+[Shift]
4) Enter Japanese text in search box
5) Copy-paste over to e-mail, etc.

Not elegant by any stretch of the imagination, but it works.  (All
other applications [save one dictionary] appear to be dead to Japanese
input.)

Thanks!  A work-around is good enough.  Still don't understand why
this is rocket science for the distro, but....

Lyle