Re: [tlug] Accessing JB's WWWJDIC Off-Line

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 5:26 PM, Benjamin Tayehanpour
<benjamin@example.com> wrote:
> On 29 August 2013 08:12, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:
>> I guess I've met too many sales people over the years who have really
>> amazing mouths, but couldn't write their way out of h**l if they were
>> standing in it with their shoes on fire....
>
> Which leaves the question: Do people who can't master the written word
> become salespersons due to the nature of the work not requiring that
> skill, or do salespersons in general lose their mastery of the written
> word due to not requiring that skill? Which one is the cause, and
> which one is the effect?

Excellent question!  The next time I meet one of those people, I'll
probably stare at them while pondering it, and they'll possibly ask
"What?... Why are you looking at me like that?" and then - depending
on how bold I feel, I might just come out and ask them to see how they
respond.

LHS