Re: [tlug] Accessing JB's WWWJDIC Off-Line

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 11:44 PM, Benjamin Tayehanpour
<benjamin@example.com> wrote:
> On 28 August 2013 03:32, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:
>> I've always found it fascinating how salesperson types are so good
>> with their mouths but often can't write very well, and people who are
>> good at writing often don't handle verbal conversations well.
>
> Not really exclusive to salespersons, is it? Most people are better at
> one than they are at the other.

Just thought of something!  The reason I say "salespeople" is due to
the situation of going from person to person, place to place, and
getting a *lot* of practice interacting with a wide range of people in
a wide range of settings.  Being very busy with travel, etc., they
don't have much time to sit down and think.  For people in positions
in life with both a fair amount of verbal experience and some quiet
time for thinking and writing, the disconnect between verbal
smoothness and well-written text is not so pronounced.

I guess I've met too many sales people over the years who have really
amazing mouths, but couldn't write their way out of h**l if they were
standing in it with their shoes on fire....

LHS