Re: [tlug] Linux friendly Internet connectivity

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 8:50 AM, Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick@example.com> wrote:
> 2013/2/13  <bud@example.com>:
> >
> > 1.  Allow me to use wireless and/or linux firewall to distribute
> > connectivity around the house.
>
> AsahiNet or OCN  on NTT Flets Hikari have always worked fine for me, I'd guess
> any combination of ISP and telco fibre should be OK. AsahiNet have
> good English-speaking support.

I agree with AsahiNet's recommendation. I recently switched from OCN
to them and their service is much better: OCN was giving me odd
timeouts on some sites, like YouTube, which never happened since I
switched to AsahiNET.

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 9:50 AM, Charles Muller
<acmuller@example.com> wrote:
> On 2013/02/13 8:12, Bud wrote:
>
>> 3.  Any recommendations on Netflix type services.  I understand Netflix is
>> not available.
>
> I get these sorts of things by using a VPN. I'm now using StrongVPN and
> am satisfied with it.

Same here. StrongVPN over to a gateway in San Francisco and from there
I use US Hulu/Netflix. Works great!

    Pier