Re: [tlug] [OT] French cuisine - was: AT cases and power supplies

2012/5/31 steve <sjs@example.com>:

> See CatsandCoffee.org for more info.

Thanks for the link! I had no idea that C&C had such a rich history. I
certainly think TLUG is the better for it, not least because we can
rib Steve for adding a C&C tag to something that is only painful, not
funny. ;)

We have a candy jar at work that also contains coins. The coins are
from bad "jokes" or puns. When somebody lets fly with a real groaner,
rather than a pained "sameh!" like you'd get in Japan, someone will
say, "clink clink", at which point you owe the candy bowl at least a
crown (~10 yen). Sometimes you even call "clink clink" on one of your
own utterances, because you know it's bad but you could not resist.

Cheers,
Josh