Re: [tlug] Usability (was: Top-posting)

Attila Kinali writes:

 > As for the usability... Does anyone have any good pointers for resources
 > (books, papers, webpages) on usability of computers?

The Apple UI standards (as implemented in Mac OS X) are reasonably
well-documented somewhere on the ADC, but I forget where.  If you look
up CUA you'll find older discussions of the WIMP interface and
keyboard stuff for Motif/Microsoft Windows.

If you want to find out how Ubuntu came up with Unity or why GNOME
insists on a configuration language based on an XML DTD that makes the
Windows registry look like fun, I doubt you'll find much on that
because those guys can't afford to do real usability studies.

 > Also appreciated would be stuff on the usability and expressivnes
 > of programming languages.

python-lang and python-dev will provide excellent (though biased in
favor of left-side white-space) discussion on that, though couched as
personal opinion rather than in engineering jargon.