Re: [tlug] Wonky Vid in *buntu

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 6:23 AM, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:
> I am attempting to test a number of live CDs, burned from D/L'ed .iso's
> to see whether there might be a better version of *buntu / Debian-based
> OS to use in a specific machine for a specific purpose only.
>
> When I attempt to run any of these CDs, I can view the start screen but,
> after selecting the "Run live without installing" option, never see more
> than a flashing cursor in the upper LH corner of the screen, even though
> it appears as though the OS is installed to memory.  I suspect a video

*argh*  I had this same problem with Ubuntu half a year ago but I
can't quite remember how I got through it.  I "think" (flipping
through old notes) that I added nomodeset to the boot options:

http://thedaneshproject.com/posts/ubuntu-11-04-blank-screen-on-boot-solved/

I remember booting into the CD to run Ubuntu off it with no problems,
but installing it caused the problem you're describing.  Hope this
applies to your problem...

Ray