Re: [tlug] Favorite Linux laptops these days?

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 1:26 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull
<stephenjturnbull@example.com> wrote:
> I haven't used a Toshiba in two decades, and I quit because
> of their nonstandard components.  Almost as bad as NEC.
>
> Not that that matters nowadays, but I'm sure Inquiring Minds
> Were Just Dying To Know. :-)

Getting Linux to install on a Toshiba system wasn't easy -- no
arguments there.  They had a "support" web site even back then (10
years+ ago?):

http://linux.toshiba-dme.co.jp/linux/

which helped, but there were many things that I could never get
working.  However, I have to admit that back then, I was using Windows
-- Linux installation was far less friendly than now...

Ray