Re: [tlug] Holy smokes, Unity and Gnome 3 suck worse than I ever could have imagined.

On 19/10/2011 15:47, Nigel Barker wrote:
> I don't want it to be anything. I have no interest in closed software
> on closed hardware. I'm disappointed people are praising it on a LUG
> mailing list. We need to aim higher.

Patches, as they say, are welcome. That's how open source works.

> Unity, Gnome and KDE need to buck up and make something that favours
> function over form. After all, that's why we use Linux - because it
> works better, right?

No. People use Linux for different things. I am in firm favour of it as a
server OS but that does not commit me to advocacy of it as a desktop OS or
keitai OS or toaster OS or anything else at all.