Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Apple vs. FSF and gcc 4.2.1
- Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 15:20:48 +0900
- From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Apple vs. FSF and gcc 4.2.1
- References: <4E97A083.firstname.lastname@example.org> <BD9BE196-F8F1-455A-BE85-195E958A8978@example.com> <CAHU4tQTnj+o5i_XeW4kLd63yUBbcrcbNZyF96U1T4kvA3Hjs7g@example.com> <4E9E5B86.email@example.com>
Darren Cook writes: > I think that is LLVM, which uses GCC as the front-end. Clang is the > replacement front-end to wean people off GCC completely: > http://llvm.org/ LLVM is the whole toolchain. clang is a new front-end which produces LLVM-IR (intermediate representation) directly. llvm-gcc and the in-development dragonegg GCC plug-in use the GCC parser, convert GCC's IR to LLVM-IR, and then use LLVM's optimizer and code generator to finish the job. clang emulates the GCC CLI with fair accuracy, and of course llvm-gcc and dragonegg use the GCC CLI directly. I'm looking forward to debugging optimized code and getting sane backtraces!
- Re: [tlug] Apple vs. FSF and gcc 4.2.1
- From: Darren Cook
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Holy smokes, Unity and Gnome 3 suck worse than I ever could have imagined.
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Holy smokes, Unity and Gnome 3 suck worse than I ever could have imagined.
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Apple vs. FSF and gcc 4.2.1
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Apple vs. FSF and gcc 4.2.1
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links