Re: [tlug] Apple vs. FSF and gcc 4.2.1

On Oct 14, 2011, at 11:37 AM, Darren Cook wrote:

> I've heard in a few places that Apple did not like GPL v3, and that this
> is why later versions than gcc 4.2.1 are not supported on the Mac.

I'm not sure it is related to GPL.

There were a few articles at Ars Technica that offered quite an interesting perspective (and a few educated guesses) on the state of compilers in OSX. You may want to check this article (2009) and a few others:

http://arstechnica.com/apple/reviews/2009/08/mac-os-x-10-6.ars/9

Jean-Christophe Helary
fun: http://mac4translators.blogspot.com
work: http://www.doublet.jp (ja/en > fr)