Re: [tlug] Choosing an internet provider

On Sep 12, 2011, at 20:15, Andreas Kieckens <akieckens@example.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I've recently moved and am living by myself in Japan for the first time. I have to choose an internet provider

I'm going to put in a plug for Global Online Japan, usually known as GOL <url:http://www.gol.com/>. J/E support and maybe German if you can get to the postmaster :)

GOL is Japan's oldest retail ISP and hosted TLUG's server for several years. GOL has pretty low staff turnover; a number of key people including the engineering manager, have been there since the nineties.

Full disclosure: I used to be a sysadmin there, so my opinions may not be entirely unbiased. GOL is a great place to work in addition to being a great ISP. Most fun job I've ever had :)

Cheers,

Jonathan