Re: [tlug] Alternatives to sed + awk

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 22:47:14 +0700
Nguyen Vu Hung <vuhung16plus@example.com> wrote:

> As I said in the original post, I need a natural programming language, so Perl
> is not an option.

Why do you think perl is not a natural language but php is?
They both have the same ancestry.

> Tcl looks good but it is completely new to me.

I wouldnt bother learning Tcl unless you want to use Tk or want to
write simple, but portable GUIs. I had to learn it for a project two
years ago. At frist it felt like any other scripting language, but after
a while i started to feel that it isn't as far as perl or python are
and a lot of language constructs are missing that i got used to, both
in dynamic and static languages.

>From the expresivnes point, i'd say that Tcl is about at the level
of bash, maybe a little better, but not much.

			Attila Kinali
		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin