Re: [tlug] Alternatives to sed + awk

On 2 March 2011 18:19, Nguyen Vu Hung <vuhung16plus@example.com> wrote:

> Well, I think PHP has reached its limit and as said below, the OP says
> Python is better; Ruby looks good as well.

Actually, Perl is ideal for sed and awk users. Some of the syntax is
intentionally similar, and nothing should be terribly surprising if
you know a bit of UNIX shell scripting and any common C-style
imperative language.

Ruby is, of course, super awesome, though I still find myself reaching
for perl -ne '...' from the command line for text transformation and
filtering needs beyond basic sed and awk stuff.

Just my 20 öre, of course. ;)

--Josh