Re: [tlug] Alternatives to sed + awk

First of all,

Thank you for whom who joins this topic.

2011/3/3 Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

> On 2 March 2011 18:19, Nguyen Vu Hung <vuhung16plus@example.com> wrote:
>
> > Well, I think PHP has reached its limit and as said below, the OP says
> > Python is better; Ruby looks good as well.
>
> Actually, Perl is ideal for sed and awk users. Some of the syntax is
> intentionally similar, and nothing should be terribly surprising if
> you know a bit of UNIX shell scripting and any common C-style
> imperative language.
I thought that Perl came first to you, and then Python and Ruby in that order.

As I said in the original post, I need a natural programming language, so Perl
is not an option.

I won't leanr Ruby because simple I don't have time.

Tcl looks good but it is completely new to me.

An old-school who has just came back to the list has sent me an private email
that persuaded me: Stick with PHP!

Well, rather than learning a new language, I think bash + PHP are good
enough for me :)

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu [aka: NVH] ( in Vietnamese: Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )