Re: [tlug] Network completely down (was: Network annoyingly not starting on boot)

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 11:41:07PM +0900, Romeo Theriault wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 22:57, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 03:27:25PM +0200, Josh wrote:
> >> On 15 October 2010 14:49, Sach Jobb <sach@example.com> wrote:
>
> > On the other hand, one would think that RH, which is in theory at least,
> > more of a server oriented system, would stop deprecating its curses
> > based tools in favor of pretty guis.  (I'm always good for an excuse to
> > drag RH and Fedora into it, to point out how they're trying to be like
> > Windows.)
>
> In regards to RH and Fedora, this is possibly (and if true,
> unfortunately) due to Fedora being the testbed for future RH releases
> and Fedora being seen by many as a desktop distro. My hypothesis is
> that since so many people see Fedora as a desktop distro this is
> where/why the new gui "things" get developed and eventually make their
> way into RH.

Agreed.  It is already having effects (see my earlier rants about the
GUI packagekit allowing any user to update a signed package without
authentication).

One wonders if it persists, what effect, if any, it will have on RH's
current position, at least in the US, as the typical Linux server.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6