Re: [tlug] Network annoyingly not starting on boot [SOLVED]

 Mattia, Darren,

Thank you for your advice and help.

The problem turned out to be that I did not really understand what Wicd
did. I thought it was another way of managing ethernet connections, when
really it's just an interface for an underlying system that is common to
all such interfaces. I thought I had to have either it, or something
similar in order for ethernet connections to work at all.

As Mattia suggested, simply removing it and letting the system more or
less automatically handle the network turned out to work, much to my
surprise.

Everything is working as hoped now.

Thanks to everyone for the support and suggestions!

--
Dave M G