Re: [tlug] Network completely down (was: Network annoyingly not starting on boot)

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 03:27:25PM +0200, Josh wrote:
> On 15 October 2010 14:49, Sach Jobb <sach@example.com> wrote:
>
> > Is that ubuntu = 'red pill' and debian = 'blue pill'?
>
> Gentoo was my blue pill previously, and I still love it, but it
> requires time to set up and maintain that I no longer have.

There really do seem to be a lot of people around--on this list and
elsewhere, who have switched to Ubuntu, dealing with its conception of
average user, because of lack of time--or perhaps, as we age, it's not
as much fun to spend time configuring every little thing.

On the other hand, one would think that RH, which is in theory at least,
more of a server oriented system, would stop deprecating its curses
based tools in favor of pretty guis.  (I'm always good for an excuse to
drag RH and Fedora into it, to point out how they're trying to be like
Windows.)

It's also extremely frustrating to find that something that always
worked has stopped working, with no obvious documentation about it,
especially when one has been spoiled by FreeBSDs UPDATING section.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6