Re: [tlug] Die, "Adobe Bridge Workspace File"! Die!

On 26 August 2010 06:44, Dave M G <dave@example.com> wrote:
> Those didn't turn up anything, so I thought maybe the "Adobe Bridge
> Workspace" designation is stored in something other than a gnome-related
> file. Maybe it's a Nautilus thing or something. So I tried this:

On my machine (aged debian system) the Nautilus file type
column uses information in the file:

/usr/share/mime/packages/freedesktop.org.xml

Try searching for the adobe string in that file.

The <comment> section is what Nautilus uses as the file
type. Mine is below, maybe yours has changed from
'plain text document' to 'Adobe...'?

 <mime-type type="text/plain">
    <comment>plain text document</comment>
... translations ...
 <magic priority="50">
      <match value="This is TeX," type="string" offset="0"/>
      <match value="This is METAFONT," type="string" offset="0"/>
    </magic>
    <glob pattern="*.txt"/>
    <glob pattern="*.asc"/>
  </mime-type>

If so you just need to change it back (make a backup of the file first!!)
then run the command:

update-mime-database /usr/share/mime

and close and reopen nautilus.

Neil.