Re: [tlug] New programming revision site - by a TLUG'er

On 11/08/2010 07:28, 黒鉄章 wrote:
> "As Nobel laureate Herbert Simon wisely stated, the meaning of "knowing"
> has shifted from being able to remember and repeat information to being
> able to find and and use it."

Bah. Try 1775:

"Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we
can find information upon it. When we enquire into any subject, the first
thing we have to do is to know what books have treated of it. This leads us to
look at catalogues, and at the backs of books in libraries." - Samuel Johnson.