Re: [tlug] New programming revision site - by a TLUG'er

 On 08/10/2010 03:57 AM, 黒鉄章 wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> For my own needs I wanted to maintain my programming skills, so I made
> a web site- www.plrev.org <http://www.plrev.org>. There's just too
> many languages I've programmed in and I regularly mix up syntax
> between them. Also, I naturally forget stuff I haven't used in a long
> time ... like what's the syntax for a C function pointer? For this
> challenge I realized I need to do spaced repetition study for them.
>
> Anyhow I made the website. It has some content (C++, Java, PHP) but no
> other users yet. If you'd like to try it, and particularly if you'd
> like to add questions to it, please feel free to. You can just try a
> quiz without logging on; you can make a login if you want to save your
> practice history; or you can be an editor if you want to add your own
> stuff.
My $.02:
I have worked as a software engineer for 20+ years. Mostly C++ but also
a fair share of bash, sed,
awk etc. a lot of perl, SQL, php, javascript and recently even some
C#/.NET (and the some I only touched briefly like Java and Python).
I guess there are different approaches to learning a language and
refreshing it but mine has always
been to familiarize myself with the documentation and I keep a list of
links on my web site that I
update whenever I find a new useful site.
With all this I would say that I would never bother to remember stuff
that can a) be easily found in the documentation (like function calls)
or b) syntax, for those compiled languages where the compiler
produces intelligible error messages (gcc, for exampl did not always do
that).

I am honestly not sure your quiz would make such a great difference to
me, even though it is fun. that's not the way I operate. I almost tries
not burden my weak memory with too much details.

Haveaniceday,
Fredric

> 日本語に関してはローカライズ されているよ。舌皛逅跂勉闕﨏佑ⅸ颪い芯面擷⓲室\xEA
> し、今まで通訳されているクイズ問題は少数です。だ纔瘢韭絎竢蹶、エディターになった
> ら 編集しやすいGUIがある。問題を通訳したり新たな入力して下さい。
>
> Cheers,
>
> Akira

begin:vcard