Re: [tlug] [OT] What's up with online Japanese<->Japanese dictionaries?

Gen Kanai writes:

 > How low tech is this?  I suppose its cheap but still, I just don't
 > get the reason why they cant get rid of the paper boards and go
 > electronic.

There's a big difference between quality of implementation in silicon
and the quality of real-time productions, though.  Japanese TV tech
staff isn't very good, at least to American tastes.  Camera work,
mattes of the reporter onto content that he can't see, time to
commercial which cuts off the star reporter mid-serif, stuff like that
just isn't up to snuff.

There's also the problem that the reportorial staff tends to fall in
love with their magic wands (how about the weather guy on NHK?)