Re: [tlug] Home printer suggestions

Moin,

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:18:07 +0900
Nick Hastings <mitsubishievo2@example.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for suggestions for a printer. I've googled a bit but have
> had trouble finding recent information that is relevant to the current
> Japanese market.
>
> I guess my needs are pretty similar to most home users, but to be clear,
> here are a few points that would be relevant to my choice:

I had similar requirements two years ago, when i bought
a LaserJet 2605DN. Setup with HPLIP is quite straight forward,
printing quality good, and fast. The footprint isnt so small
(a bit wider than A4), so i wouldnt put it onto a tower case.

The only trouble i had was that the dublexer unit. Depending
on what kind of document i printed, it used the dublexer or not.
I couldnt figure out why so far. But i guess it is some bug
in CUPS, though it could be fixed already as i didnt use the printer
in about a year or two.

			Attila Kinali
--
If you want to walk fast, walk alone.