Re: [tlug] strange nfs crashes

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 21:25:46 +0200
Michal Hajek <hajek1@example.com> wrote:

> The only apparent change was the switch and thus the speed of net - in
> office we used 100Mb/s and in the server-room there is 1Gb/s switch.

It could be that the server is using jumbo packets, which are larger
than 1500 bytes. When they hit a 100MBit switch, they might get dropped,
because they are too large. It'll still work with TCP, as TCP will
try to detec the MTU of all routers/switches in the path and use that one.
UDP cannot do that though.

			Attila Kinali

--
If you want to walk fast, walk alone.