Re: [tlug] [OT] Job hunting

On Thu, 2009-09-24 at 23:00 -0400, Joe Larabell wrote:

> If what you're saying is even remotely true, I doubt there are enough
> gaijin to make up for the shortfall. And, besides, the Japanese who
> aren't
> in default would also be "making up" the difference just as much. Or
> do
> you think the Japanese ought to be subsidizing health care for us
> round
> eyes just because we're "cute"?

No, my health care is my own responsibility. I don't expect others to
pay for me and I don't expect to pay for others.

> If you've been making zero income, you should have been paying zero
> (or
> near zero) premiums, anyway -- so you're already being subsidized to
> some
> degree. I'm not sure I'd be complaining. If you were in the US you'd
> have
> to pay hundreds of $$ per month for coverage, even if you were making
> nothing at all.

Thankfully, I've never been to the US and never expect to. With these
new rules I don't expect to be here after 2011 when my current spouse
visa expires, then I'll pack what little I have into my case and head
off to the UK.