Re: [tlug] [OT] Job hunting

I have had zero income for the last couple of years (Spouse visa) so
it's kind of hard to cough up what I don't have. I've also read that
a lot of young Japanese couples have defaulted on payments because
they just can't afford it. Makes sense to penalise the gaijin to
make up for the shortfall :-) Or another way to get 'em out...

If what you're saying is even remotely true, I doubt there are enough gaijin to make up for the shortfall. And, besides, the Japanese who aren't in default would also be "making up" the difference just as much. Or do you think the Japanese ought to be subsidizing health care for us round eyes just because we're "cute"?

If you've been making zero income, you should have been paying zero (or near zero) premiums, anyway -- so you're already being subsidized to some degree. I'm not sure I'd be complaining. If you were in the US you'd have to pay hundreds of $$ per month for coverage, even if you were making nothing at all.

---
Joseph L (Joe) Larabell            Never fight with a dragon
http://larabell.org/                    for thou art crunchy
http://thelemicleague.org/        and goest well with cheese.