Re: [tlug] [OT] Job hunting

On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 10:48 -0500, Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:
> My wife and i currently live in the US but are looking to relocate to
> Japan soon. Therefore, i need to find a job. My wife is Japanese, so i
> presume that whatever organization i work for shouldn't have to deal
> with the hassle of sponsoring me.

This may be true, but a person I know had a related problem. He moved
back to Japan with his Japanese wife, and they moved in with her family
temporarily until he found a job. Apparently, he couldn't get working
permission (?/visa?) until he had a regular permanent address, and they
didn't want to move anywhere until they knew where he was going to work.
--
Stuart Luppescu -=- slu .at. ccsr.uchicago.edu
University of Chicago -=- CCSR