Re: [tlug] search for encrypted information exchange

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 13:44, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
Bruno Raoult writes:

 > But I would like everybody to understand that security depends on
 > what you have to secure.

*Please* don't troll about security.

I don't think I did troll... I just wanted to show security depends on what you have
to secure, and certainly not on the system itself.

*You* may understand that it's OK to use your PC as a game machine
*only*, and just how disciplined you must be to make that statement,
but others are under the impression that using SSH and HTTPS "only" is
secure.  *They* are not saving any information to disk, how does any
sensitive data get there?

Yes, I do. Because I can think, too :-)

> If yes, can we say that if my safe is empty, I don't need to close
 > it? Where is is different from a laptop?

It's easy to physically check that a safe is empty of valuable items.
It's damn near impossible to say the same about sensitive data in a
laptop in typical usage.

You still seem to be incapable of expressing any understanding you may
(or may not) have of that distinction.

AFAIK, I did: contents vs container. I said exactly what is in my laptop.

A question: If you have the choice, will you leave your laptop or your wallet to an
unknown person? You know my choice, and the reasons. You will probably make
the same choice, because you believe in your laptop security.

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.