Re: [tlug] search for encrypted information exchange

On 28.08.2009, at 14:03, Bruno Raoult <braoult@example.com> wrote:

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 14:57, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
 > I think Bruno's point was that if you simply don't keep sensitive
 > information on your laptop, there's little point in bending over
 > backwards to keep what *is* there safe.

But you do keep sensitive information on your laptop, or rather the
applications you use do.  Tokens for connections to your VPN or
private web pages, email addresses if you use a local MUA rather than
one that you can access only by VPN or webmail, documents cached by
the editor/viewer or in swap, ....

Ohohoh... Everybody in the world uses VPN, as you know... Just ask your
friends, and come back to real world...

Ok, you don't use VPN and you have a "blank" machine. So you have an OS on a USB-stick that is encrypted, you tunnel all your traffic through ssh to a trusted server somewhere in a cave, never put the maachine to sleep and afte remove the battery and power adaptor from it. That's the only w
When people say "nothing to hide", you have nothing to say about it.
Do you know  more about my data that I do? It looks so, and it is pathetic...

If the only thing you do with your laptop is play games, then you ca
say with confidence there's no sensitive information on it.  Or maybe
you're madogiwa-zoku.  Otherwise, you do real work on it, and there's
sensitive information on it.

Hehehe... We are just there...

No.  It's either much better, or much worse.  Never just as good.

Off topic, sorry.

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.