Re: [tlug] [OT] Japan and 海外 credit cards

Yeah, I hear some banks are still using OS/2...

or Excel 97 for that matter (it's 2009 now :-) . It's great of MS to let us easily count the number of years suffered :-) It's not as simple as "saving it in the latest Excel format". The customized *.dll excel plugins to perform very complex calculation formulas written in the MFC4.0 (Win95) days all needs to be ported to .NET or whatever. You can do it but you need to be 100% accurate, right to the exact dime and penny, at first try. And the cost and time involved might be unjustificable. So all in all you're still stuck with low productivity regardless of how great the new version of Excel is .

And then we have COBOL, the super hated super resistant tech cockroach. :-)

Chiew