Re: [tlug] [OT] Japan and 海外 credit cards

> No, not yet.  I have a one year work and travel visa and a 証明纔瘢韭絎竢蹠\xC2 閹
\xBE 逋 笊鴪緕\xF4 痲糅纉\xF3 \xA8瘤\xE4 鼈阨趙 艱\xF4 逋 外人登録証 in a little over
> two weeks).  I guess I should just go and try getting a bank account
> then.  Any recommendations on a good bank to use if I plan to change
> my location every now and then?

I am also one of those people that is not very impressed with Japanese
banks in general. These questions used to regularly go through my head
all of the time when I was using UFJ, SMBC, 東京都民銀行, and Mizuho:

* Why do the ATMs close at midnight or over holidays? Are there little
people in there operating them manually that need to close up and
catch the last train home? I wouldn't be surprised.
* Why I am charged for using my own bank's ATM to withdrawal money
later in the evening or over the weekend?
* Why I am charged for making a transfer to someone using the same bank?
* Not too annoyed by this one, but why do they all close their doors at 3PM?

Alexei just mentioned this a post or so back but I just recently got
an account with Shinsei and was extremely impressed for all the
reasons already mentioned plus a few more.

They will give you an account if have a 外国人登録証明纔瘢韭絎竢蹠速 巣搐瘡踟\xAC 迴齡 矚鉉\xF3
犾跛 粹 抅蜩\xAE 壽\xE5 竢闌 抅蜴\xE7 痰阨\xF4 嚠蜴黼\xE9 蜩 抅癆 籙\xF5 竅\xEE 緕扖\xF2 瘡\xEC
閹 籙𣗄 鞳鴦闔瘡 籬懲 蜴捃 \xE1 竢逅楂纈 蜴齡縺\xE4 閹 葹海鈑 捃 肅跛 阨\xF4
銛辣鳫椵 肬鴉\xF3 磔 葹鈔 抅癆 抅緕 齒辣 竟闥 竚纈蜒瘡 齡瘋\xE6 犾跛 葹洹
轣銛瘡踟 緕扖\xF2 蜴捃 \xE1 竢逅楂纈\xAE 麗\xF4 矼肬鱚 艱揵蜴\xE7 葹鉉\xEF 瘰頏阮瘡 胙闕
肅洹 迚粐跂 轣釶艱鴦\xAC 閹 竢𣗄黼\xAE 綜阡蒹\xF2 跚揵跂 抅蜴\xE7 抅癆 蜊頏纉黼\xE4
辣 燾\xF3 抅纖 牖鱚 痰跂 捃 蜩齦\xE5 抅\xE5 竅鰾 闔 抅\xE5 齔阡  蜴齡縺\xE4 閹
燾蜚蜴\xE7 肬\xF2 蜚 捃 矼 轣蛹繖 捃 辣\xAE

宙繞鴦\xAC
噤竏